We are borrowing the Mayor’s blog to add a few tidbits about our 175 years as a borough. We’ll try to get as many in before the end of this year as we can!
October 7, 1954 Borough Council created the SR Municipal Authority.
October 9, 1975 The new Borough building opened.
October 15, 1907 Slippery Rock Volunteer Fire Department held its first formal meeting.
October 15, 1972 Slippery Rock Area Elementary School was dedicated.
October 27, 1953 Slippery Rock Sportsman’s Club was Incorporated
October 27, 1958 Slippery Rock univserity Fedral Credit Union organized.
Check in periodically for new tidbits!