Dear Property Owner,
Slippery Rock Borough would like to remind you that any maintenance that needs to be done on … your property is your responsibility. This includes but is not limited to weeding, picking up litter, : keeping the grass at an acceptable height, as well as maintaining the sidewalks and curbs in front of your property. The Slippery Rock Borough Code states that the owner or owners of any lot or lots in the Borough shall maintain such sidewalks in a safe and passable condition, free of tripping hazards and obstructions. Said owner or owners shall repair any defects in such sidewalks and remove any obstructions which make them unsafe or impassable to pedestrians.
No sidewalk shall have:
- Holes and cracks having a width in excess of 1/2 inch.
- Sidewalk sections rising or sinking and exposing an irregular surface greater than 42 inch.
- Spalling on 25% or more of the surface of any slab.
- leaves, tree limbs, grass clippings, debris, cinders, gravel, or any other refuse.
- Any other conditions which may create a pedestrian safety hazard as determined by the Borough Code Enforcement Officer.
We thank you in advance for your attention to this matter,
Slippery Rock Borough Council